We are committed to making an Emma Willard education accessible and affordable for any family.
Emma Willard School strives to make its exceptional educational experience accessible to as many families as possible, and we do this by offering tuition assistance to qualified students based on their financial need and availability of funds. In fact, for the 2022–2023 academic year, we awarded nearly $5.9 million in need-based grants to Emma students.
All financial aid is offered in the form of a grant and does not need to be repaid, making an Emma education affordable for families from all backgrounds. The amount each family receives varies depending on their financial circumstances. To apply for financial aid, simply complete the Clarity Application by February 1 (or by January 18 for returning families).
Please note that the majority of our financial aid budget is awarded to families who apply by the deadline, but we will do our best to provide assistance to late applicants based on our available budget.
|Financial Aid Statistics for 2023-2024|
|Average Award: Boarding||$48,043|
|Average Award: Day||$25,100|
|Number of Awards||155|
|Percent Receiving Aid||43%|
Start the Conversation
We understand that every family's financial situation is unique, which is why we offer personalized counseling to help you afford an Emma education for your child. Our experienced team is here to listen and address any questions or concerns.
Accountant and Financial Aid Coordinator
- Are international students eligible to receive financial aid from Emma Willard?
- Does a student's academic merit factor into financial aid award decisions?
- If it's determined our family has need, will I receive financial assistance with tuition?
- If I'm not sure whether I earn too much to receive financial aid should I still apply?
- Who is responsible for completing the financial aid application in the case of divorced or separated parents?
- Is a business tax return required from parents who own their own business?
- What if we have special circumstances that we feel should be considered for aid?
- When will be notified if we have received a financial aid award from Emma Willard?
- Could the amount of our financial aid award change from one year to the next?
- What other options are available to those who do not qualify for financial aid?