Priority 5: Capacity
Build a physically, financially, and environmentally sustainable future.
Our magnificent and iconic campus is an asset that distinguishes our school from all others. We must care for our beloved campus in ways that ensure its brilliance and grandeur, preserve its historic distinction, and support our entire program and community.
Imagine the aspirational goals Emma Willard School could achieve with plentiful, well-managed resources. As careful stewards and inspired educators, we already achieve great things with the resources we have today. Identifying new sources and levels of funding will strengthen our capacity to dream big, deepen our impact, and draw wider audiences into our mission. A comprehensive campaign will be essential to providing the means to fulfill this strategic vision and secure the future of Emma Willard School for generations to come.
As a distinctive leader in girls’ education, we are also responsible for being the positive change we want to see in the world. This requires us to deepen our commitment to sustainability and environmentally conscious practices.
- DOUBLE the endowment.
- GROW the Emma Fund through expanded engagement with alumnae and parents..
- EVALUATE our current tuition model to ensure access, sustainability, and mission alignment.
- CREATE a more diverse set of revenue streams to amplify the impact of our mission.
- ESTABLISH a comprehensive facilities plan that preserves our historic campus and supports program goals, while ensuring that all buildings remain structurally and mechanically sound, and that campus safety is paramount.
- GUIDE and measure environmental sustainability efforts, while incorporating this critical global issue throughout the curriculum.